OPPORTUNITY – NORTHEAST TORONTO PROGRAM MANAGER
TITLE: Program Manager – Northeast Toronto
POSITION TYPE: Full Time (40 hrs per week)
REPORTING TO: Executive Director
LOCATION: York University – Keele Campus (with travel in Toronto and Vaughan)
Smart Commute – North Toronto, Vaughan is seeking a Program Manager. This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic and positive self-starter with an interest in sustainable transportation. This position is for you if you have experience in program implementation and monitoring, are detailed oriented and have experience with data analysis, possess exceptional customer service skills and hold a degree in environmental studies, urban planning, geography, or public policy and 2-3 years of program management or related experience. You are comfortable and competent working with diverse individuals and groups. You thrive in a challenging position and adapt well to change.
Smart Commute – North Toronto, Vaughan (NTV) is a dynamic award-winning not-for-profit organization. Our mandate is to improve commuter options and to reduce traffic congestion in our service areas. We partner with local employers, post-secondary institutions, property managers, and other organizations to provide transportation demand management (TDM) programs that help employees and students reduce drive-alone trips that result in traffic gridlock, smog, Greenhouse Gas emissions and other costs to the environment, community and economy.
Our core activities include developing, launching and monitoring TDM programs for medium- to large- sized organizations. We promote a menu of options for commuters, such as transit, ride-matching, shuttle buses, vanpooling, telecommuting, cycling and walking.
The Northeast Toronto Program Manager is responsible for the development, implementation, and evaluation of innovative and results-driven TDM programs, policies, and promotions that are in line with the overall Smart Commute mandate and objectives.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops programs and initiatives aimed at reducing Single Occupancy Vehicle mode share and inciting behavior change
- Develops, delivers, and analyzes commuter transportation surveys and conducts site assessments
- Conducts feasibility studies on new TDM iniatives and other activities that support greener and more sustainable commuting options
- Actively monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of new and current programming on an ongoing basis
- Submits progress reports on Smart Commute programs and activities to partners, major funders, and the Smart Commute NTV Board of Directors
- Regularly prepares budgets and reports to major funders in coordination with the Executive Director and staff team
- Conducts research and writes briefing reports/submissions as needed for policy work; communicates relevant research to partners
- Assists the Executive Director with public policy and government relations – representing Smart Commute and partners at relevant meetings, consultations and other industry events
- Applies individualized and community based social marketing to influence commuter behaviour within the GTHA in coordination with the Marketing Manager
- Manages a variety of client partners and stakeholders, strengthening relationships and balancing their requirements in a timely and cost effective manner
- Reports regularly on personal progress to the Executive Director
- Attends external committee meetings as necessary to inform program development and implementation
- Manages volunteers involved in programming and outreach initiatives
- Supports the development of the Annual Report
- Oversees special projects related to programming
- Supports the staff recruitment and training process
The Northeast Toronto Program Manager’s role is vital to the success of Smart Commute NTV and is best suited to an energetic, positive self-starter who possesses the following qualifications:
- 2-3 years relevant program management experience or equivalent
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in urban planning, environmental studies, geography, or public policy is preferred
- Familiarity and interest in sustainable transportation; knowledge of environmental management, urban and regional planning, and transportation demand management issues is an asset
- Exceptional research skills and experience in program development, management, data analysis, budgeting, and monitoring/evaluation
- Strong interpersonal skills including excellent customer/client service, outgoing personality for presentations, and experience with event planning, volunteer management, public outreach and writing funding proposals
- Confident in developing new business relationships and opportunities, and professional in working with employers and public agencies
- Strong passion for making a difference and helping people while growing with Smart Commute NTV
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint). Website-building and graphic design skills are an asset (but not a requirement)
- Strong administrative, organizational and planning skills, and capacity to work independently as well as to demonstrate initiative in a team environment
- Willingness and ability to travel to locations within North Toronto, and occasionally travel to locations outside of North Toronto
- Letters of interest and resumes may be submitted to info(at)SmartCommuteNTV.ca quoting “Program Manager” in the subject line.
Closing Date: Wednesday, August 27th, 2014
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be notified.